Wayne Simpson is retired from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) after 38 years of federal service. He served as the Executive Assistant to VA’s Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition and Logistics where he was the primary staff advisor to the Deputy Assistant Secretary, who serves concurrently as VA’s Senior Procurement Executive and Debarring Official. Wayne’s federal experience is significant and provides him with a unique combination of skill sets, knowledge, and insight into acquisition operations and procurement opportunities. He also has a keen understanding of the interrelation of federal contracting and small business programs and the challenges presented by their often competing interests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise in pre-solicitation, pre-award, and post-award areas of Federal contracting.
- Significant knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation and Veterans Affairs Acquisition Regulation.
- Demonstrative small business advocate, subject matter expert in the Veterans First Contracting Program at VA.
- Significant knowledge of the Federal Supply Schedule Program, compliance and contract administration issues.
- Subject matter expert on Federal small business programs, and their often competing interests in the conduct of Federal acquisitions.
- Analytical capabilities in reviewing contract documents and developing courses of action necessary for contract administration issues and compliance.
- Expertise in all facets of Federal subcontracting requirements and program execution and administration.
- Significant experience and expertise in working with Federal Procurement Data System–Next Generation (FPDS-NG).