This course will be taught by retired judge Jack Delman, currently counsel for Centre. The course will examine the “Equal Access to Justice Act” (EAJA), 5 U.S.C. 504(a), as it applies to litigation before the BCAs. From the contractor’s perspective, you will learn how to qualify for and obtain an EAJA award in BCA proceedings and to avoid matters that may endanger an award. From the government’s perspective, you will learn the techniques available to the agency to challenge an EAJA award.
More specifically, you will learn the following, and more:
- How to become eligible for an EAJA award;
- How an eligible contractor becomes a “prevailing party” for purposes of award;
- The fees and expenses that are subject to reimbursement and in what amounts;
- How an agency can defeat a request for an EAJA award.
Who Should Attend:
- Small Business Executives, Contract Managers and Contract Administrators
- Contracting Officers, Contract Specialists
- In-House Counsel
Book now!Price: $49
Client Price: $44