When your company decided to start selling to the federal government, who knew the federal marketplace could be such a challenging and risky environment! Securing and administering government contracts is difficult enough, but how do you target marketing efforts to ensure a return on your investment? What about trying to figure out who buys your supplies and services, where and how they buy them, and who do they buy from?
Fortunately, finding the answers to these questions is much easier thanks to the Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation, commonly known as FPDS-NG or FPDS.
What is FPDS?
FPDS is a real-time database serving the government acquisition community as the authoritative source of contract information, which contains data used at all levels of the Federal government for policy and trend analysis. FPDS contains millions of transactions, and the numbers and data in it change every hour of every workday. Understanding and using data from FPDS can eliminate the need for time-consuming and often costly Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for data. Some companies have learned how to use FPDS to conduct their own market research in order to influence set-aside decisions and procurement strategies when responding to sources sought notices. In short, knowing how to use FPDS gives companies and competitive advantage over those who ignore or are unfamiliar with the data.
About the Webinar:
Our FPDS-NG: What Your Competitors Don’t Want You To Know webinar will introduce federal contractors to the capabilities and power of FPDS. We’ll provide an overview on the requirements of FPDS reporting by Federal agencies and explain what transactions are required to be reported. You will also learn who in the government buys what, how they buy, and whether these procurements are conducted through the Federal Supply Schedules Program, Other Government Agency Contracts, or on the open market. Attendees will see how FPDS identifies if set-asides are used in acquiring the products and services you offer and will see how to identify when your competitors’ contracts will expire or when other contracts in your commercial line of endeavor are due to expire and be re-competed. Demonstrations will be conducted using the Z-Search (Beta), Standard Reporting, and Adhoc Reporting capabilities.
As an introduction to our full-day FPDS course, this 90-minute webinar will demonstrate the systems capabilities.
If you want to be the “go-to” person at your company for this type of data and want your company to make smarter marketing decisions, then join us for this webinar and become more competitively intelligent!
You’ll Learn How To:
- Identify the data available in FPDS
- Determine who in the government buys, along with what and how they buy
- Conduct relevant searches for marketplace data in FPDS
- Find out if set-asides are used for the products and services you offer
- Identify when your competitors’ contracts are due to expire or be re-competed
- Run standard and ad hoc reporting capabilities
- Make your company more competitive to increase sales potential
Who Should Attend:
- This webinar is designed for individuals who are responsible for conducting market research, identifying procurement opportunities, and developing leads in the Federal Marketplace. Current FPDS users with limited experience who are considering more in-depth, hands-on training will also greatly benefit. Individuals who use agency Forecasts of Contracting Opportunities (FCOs) will also find this information useful.
Book now!Price: $99
Client Price: $89