On May 11, Centre Law & Consulting’s attorneys Barbara Kinosky and Marina Blickley were featured guests on Give Me 5, a webinar hosted by Women in Public Policy (WIPP). The online series is designed to educate women business owners on how to apply for and secure federal procurement opportunities.
Webinar Summary: Federal contractors are subject to a unique set of rules, laws and regulations. Many of these laws and regulations also apply to subcontractors. This session covers the more complicated areas where HR and government contracts intersect, including:
- OFCCP – latest news on increased HR compliance requirements
- Executive Order actions and recent regulatory changes
- Common challenges to complying with the Service Contract Labor Standards/Service Contract Act
- Tips for handling whistleblower and relator complaints
- Handling mandatory disclosures
- Changes to implement now
In addition, Marina also wrote a post for Women in Biz Blog discussing new regulations that came out after the webinar and are planned to go into effect on December 1, 2016.