Currently the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) Northwest/Arctic Region 10 is working with 440 firms with two or more contracts to migrate (or move) them to the Consolidated (00CORP) Schedule where they will have one contract number. Those companies migrated to the Consolidated Schedule will eventually be moved to the Professional Services Schedule (PSS). Here are the latest updates from the General Services Administration (GSA) regarding the PSS:
- Firms wanting to submit a new Professional Services Schedule are being encouraged to either wait for the release of the PSS solicitation now slated for issuance on October 1, 2015 or submit their new offer under the 00CORP solicitation. Why the 00CORP solicitation instead of the single Professional Schedule? Because 00CORP is going to serve as the platform for PSS. No additional steps will be required if a firm comes in under the existing 00CORP solicitation as this program will simply be rebranded to PSS. Submission under one of the single Schedule service programs may result in a firm having to do a resubmission to get them under the right solicitation. Our advice is to submit your new Professional Services Schedule under the 00CORP solicitation.
- FAS Northwest/Arctic Region is hosting webinars with existing contract holders to ensure the migration process proceeds with ease for all and to keep those firms aware of progress and change. The next webinar is slated for February 25, 2015. Registration link is here.
- FAS Northwest/Arctic Region is meeting directly with agency customers as called upon to share with them the process and expected outcome including how migrations and this transition may or may not affect their use of the MAS program.
- The Consolidated Schedule converting to the Professional Services Schedule is currently slated to begin in May 2015.
- The pace of executing migration packages from Contractors has slowed down, and GSA is estimating transitions to the Professional Services Schedule will be substantially complete by November 2015.
Background on the Professional Services Schedule (PSS):
As one of several Professional Services category initiatives, GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) will be working to improve its Professional Services Schedule offerings. A first step in this initiative will be to consolidate Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) services offerings. Currently there are over 4,400 Professional Services contracts across 8 Schedules. The scope of the various Schedules frequently overlap, which has caused confusion about which MAS is the best fit for a federal agency’s requirements and acquisition objectives. Service acquisitions are increasingly complex and demand a total solution that may involve several different Schedule offerings. Using multiple Schedules to acquire a total solution further complicates the procurement process, and often discourages federal agencies from using Schedules.
What Schedules are affected?
- Consolidated (00CORP)
- MOBIS (874)
- PES (871)
- FABS (520)
- AIMS (541)
- LOGWORLD (874V)
- Environmental (899)
- Language (738II)
Contractors who hold more than one Professional Services Schedule contract are being negotiated, managed, and audited independently costing both contractors and GSA money and contract administration resources. By having fewer Schedules, or optimally one Professional Services Schedule, GSA can achieve:
- Improved contract usability; agencies can obtain and contractors can provide total service solutions through one contract vehicle.
- Increased program efficiency by managing fewer contracts and solicitations.
- Reduced administrative costs to industry by reducing the number of contracts they manage.
- Eliminate the need to submit separate offers for Professional Services; firms would have the ability to submit a modification request instead – this equates to a substantial decrease in time required to add new services.
If you have any questions regarding the PSS or need assistance with migrating your Schedules, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.