Are you an in-house attorney working for a federal government contractor? Or does your business want to enter the federal space? Whatever your business’s stage, your employer is counting on you to understand the issues that come with federal contracting.
Law school only covers the basics of contract law and the basics of business law. When you begin working for a corporation, you have to handle federal contracting issues that will influence the mission and the bottom line. Your employer is counting on you to understand the issues.
The What Every In-House Attorney Needs to Know About Federal Contracting course is a one-day, fast-paced instruction that combines the basics of federal government contracting with the nuts and bolts of compliance issues, subcontractor issues, and hot topics in the industry. Taught for lawyers by lawyers, it gives critical insight to both traditional and contemporary matters.
Classroom discussions cover contracting laws and regulations, illustrated with real-world examples. The information provided will serve as a reference tool for years to come.
You’ll Learn How To:
- Basic Principles in Federal Contracting
- How the Government Buys
- Types of Contracts
- Labor and Employment Law Issues
- Anti-Kick Back and Gifts
- Organizational Conflict of Interest & Personal Conflict of Interest
- Mandatory Disclosure and Ethics Issues
- Changes, Inspection & Acceptance
- Delays & Payment
- Termination of Convenience / Termination of Default
- Claims, Disputes, and Appeals
- Prime/Subcontractor Disputes
- Bid Protests
- Privilege Issues and Attorney Work Product
- Ethic Issues in Internal Investigators and Managing Relator Lawsuits
- Light refreshments
- Course materials
Book now!Price: $695
Client Price: $625
Early Bird Rates:$50 off promo code: EBOCTOBER50
Course Number: FC46