SHRM and HRCI certified for 11 continuing education credits!
The Service Contract Labor Standards (SCLS), formerly the Service Contract Act, is one of the most challenging acts in federal contracting, and it is surrounded by a lot of misinformation. With more than 20 years of experience, our attorneys and instructors have seen many federal contractors fall victim to several common areas of concern.
It’s safe to assume that anyone having to follow the SCLS wants to maximize their contract performance, stay compliant, and be kept from being disbarred. Rather than be just a theoretical seminar taught by bureaucrats obligated to preach the party-line, Centre’s program is taught by expert lawyers who break down the instruction with real-world, practical advice that is actionable and ready to be implemented as soon as attendees return to their offices.
What’s more is that not only do we educate federal contractors, but we teach the government itself on these issues. Our instructors provide all the ins and outs of how to navigate the complexities of the SCLS, not just the typical Department of Labor agency lines. Consider this: Would you trust the DOL to give you inside advice on how to avoid audits when conducting audits is part of their responsibility?
Our Service Contract Labor Standards training course covers the award and administration of covered contracts and provides attendees with a comprehensive text that addresses the regulations, board, and court decisions. This class also provides detailed information on how to identify and mitigate risk under the SCLS, apply wage and benefit rules, avoid violations, fulfill SCLS obligations, and understand special compliance issues from the Department of Labor.
- Identify and mitigate risk in the solicitation and award process
- Apply wage and benefit rules
- Determine overtime payments
- Avoid SCLS violations
- Fulfill your contract obligations
- Span multi-year contracts
- Understand special enforcement and compliance issues
- Handle special GSA and VA Schedule issues
- Contract Managers and Administrators
- Contracting Officers and Specialists
- Program and Project Managers and Officers
- Human Resource Managers
- Personnel responsible for preparing proposals
- Light refreshments
- Course materials
- 11 HRCI® HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™
- 11 SHRM Professional Development Credits (PDC) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM
- 11 Continuous Learning Points (CLPs)
- 10.5 Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits
A Centre Law & Consulting certificate of completion will be provided to all attendees upon conclusion of the class.
Continue the conversation, join our Service Contract Act (SCLS) Forum on LinkedIn.
Book now!Price: $1095
Client Price: $985
Course Number: FC32