If you need to improve or polish your negotiation skills, then this is the class for you!
This course provides participants with negotiation frameworks and methods relevant to Federal contracting and the current acquisition environment. Frameworks, methods and specific techniques are previewed and then put into practice in structured, observed and critiqued role-play scenarios. Scenarios are based on acquisition life-cycle events and circumstances such as requirements management, contract formation, discussions and negotiations, performance management and problem resolution.
The course is geared toward those involved or expected to be involved in federal contract related negotiations including Contracting Officers, Contract Specialists, Contracting Officer Representatives Program Officials, Program Managers and others.
Students are encouraged to bring examples of their own negotiation challenges for use in real-life exercises. Ample time is allowed to tailor discussion to unique experiences and problems.
- Choose the right style and strategy for the situation
- Be familiar with negotiation frameworks and pros/cons of their use
- Understand steps to take to prepare for negotiations
- Be familiar with a variety of negotiation techniques and best practices
- Understand and practice in a classroom setting:
- Planning for a negotiation
- Conducting exchanges prior to negotiations
- Conducting discussions and negotiating with offerors
- Problem resolution during contract performance
- Documenting Negotiations
- Light refreshments
- Course materials
Book now!Price: $750
Client Price: $675
Early Bird Rates:
Course Number: GV27