If your company is involved with federal contracting, do you know all the employment rules and regulations you’ll need to follow in order to stay compliant within your contract? Are you not following proper protocol without even realizing it?
The employment laws, executive orders, and regulations applicable to federal contractors present an ever-changing sea of compliance challenges, and well-meaning contractors often find themselves either under the regulatory microscope or on the unexpected receiving end of a demand letter from plaintiff’s counsel (or both!).
Our comprehensive “What Every Federal Contractor Needs To Know About Employment Law” course will provide you with a thorough understanding of the employment authorities and unique challenges you’ll need to be aware of in order to avoid conflict and legal action.
Taught by employment attorneys who specialize in the needs of federal contractors, this course provides attendees with detailed course materials covering the statutory texts, regulations and regulatory guidance, and court decisions. Our classroom is an interactive forum that assists HR and in-house legal professionals identify and mitigate risk as well as avoid violations and lawsuits. We’ll also provide examples of court cases and guidance on addressing common, real world employment law challenges.
NEW: In 2017, the course has been updated to include an additional instructional module that covers pay equity & auditing compensation!
- Essentials of the Service Contract Labor Standards (formerly the Service Contract Act) and Common Errors
- Updates on OFCCP and Executive Orders
- Primer on Title VII, ADEA, and ADA
- NLRA for non-union employers
- FLSA Basics & Common Errors
- Leave Laws – FMLA, USERRA, sick leave
- Light refreshments
- Course materials
- 6 Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits (anticipated)
- 6 Professional Development Credits (PDC) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM
- 6 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, SPHRi™ recertification through HRCI®
Book now!Price: $695
Client Price: $625
Course Number: FC57