40 Hours/40 CLPs
Centre’s Level II COR training reflects the most recent learning objectives and performance outcomes established by the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, presented in an interactive, learner-focused format. Case studies, discussions and exercises are based on the learner’s actual work environment to help produce immediate, measurable results.
The role of the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) fuses subject-matter expertise with business management and contracting know-how. Centre’s 5-day COR Certification training course provides an in-depth study of project management skills, procurement regulations, and each step in the contracting life cycle. Utilizing workshops, lectures, and instructor-led discussion, this certification course lays the foundation for your successful management of government contracts.
After completing this Level II COR course, attendees will have a better understanding of the cradle to grave contracting/project process, and how the COR not only fits in that process, but is an integral team member. The course begins with a history of how, and why, the COR was established and leads the student through the entire process from project conception through contract closeout. The intent of the course is to provide the COR with a greater understanding of the acquisition process; including acquisition planning, market research, source selection, and contract award. With that understanding, the COR will be ready to become an valuable part of the acquisition team. In addition, the COR will be guided through the contract administration process, including avoiding common pitfalls such as ratifications, evaluation of progress payments, modification evaluation, and contract disputes and claims.
Each attendee will receive a course manual that will serve as a valuable resource for years to come. Reviewed and updated by the legal experts at Centre, you get courseware that has been written, approved, and edited by one of our top subject matter experts so you get current, topical, and relevant information you can rely upon.
- Exercise proper authority
- Lead acquisition planning efforts
- Compare contractor proposals against Independent Government Cost Estimates
- Use successful negotiation techniques in various contract settings.
- Solicit adequate competition and remedy inadequate competition
- Write effective statements of work and performance work statements
- Implement successful contract management practices
- Contribute to source selection
- Monitor contractor performance and resolving performance issues
- Modify contracts
- Resolve contract disputes
- Perform Successful Contract Closeout
- Implement Communication, collaboration, and teamwork best practices
- Evolution of the COR
- COR Authority Exercise
- COR’s Role Relating to Honesty and Fair Dealing
- Ethics Exercise
- Acquisition Landscape
- COR’s Role in Acquisition Planning
- IGCE Exercise
- Source Selection
- Contract Formation Exercise
- COR’s Management of Technical Aspects of contract
- Exercise: Earned Value
- Managing Cost, Price, and Financing
- Portland Periscope Exercise (or civilian agency exercise)
- Remedies Against Poor Performing Contractors
- Disputes Process
- Contract Closeout
- Recent Developments
Book now!Price: $1095
Course Number: GV49
No classes are currently scheduled. Please contact us to inquire about availability or booking an on-site class.